In the holiday spirit, today we've rounded up 15 of our favorite gift ideas to share. From new gadgets and stocking stuffers to pet toys and last-minute hostess ideas, there's a little something special for everyone — enjoy!
1. Suckers for a great camera design, we're loving the throw-back feel of this Lomo'Instant Sanremo Camera. It uses Instax mini instant film and captures snaps in a single-use format — for all those moments you want to make count.
2. This "smart bracelet" not only works as an everyday bangle, but opens up into a handbag holder to hang from the shopping cart or bar — now that's a handy helper!
3. Bringing a bottle of cheer to the party? These clever wine tags take care of the bag and card in one fell swoop. These and other saucy greetings available at Chez Gagné.
4. While calculators are now quick to pull up on a smartphone, this bamboo version mixes a bit of modern with old-school — perfect for quick desk-side calculations.
5. Moby doesn't eat your plants, he helps water them! Gift this charming whale as a vessel that functions equally well to water plants, house a floral arrangement or be used as a pitcher.
6. For the stocking, we're loving this mini sample fragrance set from local favorite, Na Nin. Made from essential oils, it's available at Need Supply if you're looking for an excuse to visit Carytown.
7. Is making cookies a part of your holiday tradition? Give your favorite baker one of these customizable cookie stamps for a truly personalized treat.
8. Pair this luxe and compact screw driver kit with a roll of duct tape to help bring out their inner MacGyver.
9. For the perfect Old Fashioned every time, Bourbon cocktail cherries.
10. Paired with a photo-strip, pressed flower or other flat parcel, these glass paned frames are perfect for displaying special mementos.
11. A classic symbol of peace, these potted olive trees not only remind us of our recent trip to Italy, but would make a nice gift idea for neighbors, a housewarming, teachers or the holiday host.
12. In what may be the cutest pint-sized gift idea, I'm left hopelessly wondering why these mermaid tail and shark lap blankets weren't around when I was little.
13. For the coffee lover, one of these hand forged bronze coffee scoops will be the gift they remember.
14. We're loving the 3D twist on this dodecahedron 2016 calendar — great for coworkers, teachers or your favorite work-from-home friend, this multipurpose calendar also doubles as a 12-sided dice.
15. Finally, all good dogs deserve a new toy at Christmas. This Garden & Gun signature arrow buoy looks to be a good one for pups who like to chew, pull, snuggle and swim.
Bonus! Local to Richmond or visiting soon? Spread a little local cheer with some of our RVA favorites —
►Surprise your special someone with an overnight for two at the recently opened Quirk Hotel.
►Stop into Harvest Grocery and pick up a bag of Dark as Dark, our favorite Blanchard's coffee blend to bring home to the family.
►Stop by the Richmond SPCA to play with the dogs and cats — a small donation is tax deductible and can be made as an honorary gift for the holidays.
Thanks for stopping in to see what we're into this year — what's on your holiday list?