The following posts are ordered from most popular and we used a combination of Google Analytics and Blogger Stats to determine what content had the highest page views. In doing so, we learned our How-To and DIY posts seem to be pretty popular — along with a few big announcements including the launch of the blog, working the set of HGTV's Design on a Dime, and getting engaged!
So without further adieu, in the event you missed a few of these popular posts or just want to stroll down memory lane with us a bit, listed below are the top 10 posts from 17 Apart in 2011.
Top 10 posts in 2011:
1. How to make natural dog treats. This was a fun recipe we took on in an effort to use up some of the apples from our fall orchard trip and to try our hand making our own natural dog treats for our dog, Basil. Revisiting this post makes us want to make a new winter batch for 2012!
2. How to make natural candles from clementines.We made these candles on a whim after buying a case of clementines and remembering a similar diy post I'd pinned on Pinterest a while back. They turned out to burn amazingly well and we were even able to put our own little holiday spin on them by incorporating cloves in the final design. I'm still thinking these would make awesome decorations for a wedding or outdoor soiree.
3. How to make natural fruit rollups. We'd been wanting to make fruit leather for quite a while and had just enough almost overripe fruit in the middle of the autumn season to pull this one off. They stored in the fridge amazingly well and were tested and approved by my 2 1/2 year old niece! We'll definitely be tackling this one again in the future.
4. How to clean, whiten and mount deer antlers. One of our very first posts and still one of the most popular. The people are really interested in how to clean up and hang antlers! We're already ruminating over where to hang these guys in our new digs.
5. How to make natural apple vinegar. Our final recipe incorporating apple scraps from the fall orchard trip — we think this recipe takes the cake as far as simplicity and wow factor since it was SO easy to make and made us feel like pros when we tasted the final product 6 weeks after canning.
6. We got engaged! We're thrilled that you all consider our engagement big news! Keep up with future posts surrounding our wedding here.
7. Halloween: drilled pumpkin designs. This is the second year we've drilled designs into our Halloween pumpkins for a modern glow — we're so glad others found it interesting too and hope this simple trick comes in handy for others.
8. Behind the scenes of HGTV's Design on a Dime. Back in September I was lucky enough to work behind the scenes on an episode of HGTV's Design on a Dime for Etsy. Meeting Casey Noble and Joel West was a blast, not to mention hearing how much everyone on the show was a fan of Etsy.
9. The launch of 17 Apart. After writing for our separate blogs (E.A.T. & Contrary Garden) for years and both wanting to post about the projects we have going on, about a year and half after moving in together, we decided to launch this here blog where we can just put it all out there at once.
10. DIY Holiday Decor: Glitter Acorns. This was a simple and fun diy project that added a subtle and classy touch to our holiday decor. We're just about ready to package up these little guys and place them in hibernation mode with the rest of our holiday decor until we unearth them again next year.
It's been fun looking back over the past 5 months and remembering all the fun things we've gotten into. We'd like to thank each of you for following along and sharing in our journey — and to wish everyone a safe and happy New Year's Eve!