Posted by Mary Andrews / August 16, 2014
Original image by Tori Watson, Marvelous Things Photography
Today we're back again, sharing all the smaller things we're into (or fancying, hence the series name) that might not fit into a single post for one reason or another. Sometimes there might be a long list of randomness, other times it might be a single gem — whatever the case, here's what we're into right now.
- Instagram to follow: Ariele Alasko — beautiful shots from this woodworker and furniture builder in Brooklyn, NY.
- Amazing transformation — an antique chair becomes a charming chalkboard sign.
- Make Good.
- A beautiful DIY ice cream scoop.
- You'll give these "lady planters" a second look! Hunting around searching for the maker of these clever pots (which turned out to be handmade one by one by Isaac Nichols in Brooklyn) led us to this amazing gem of a site, The Sill.
- Studio tour with the aforementioned Isaac Nichols.
- The figs are back here in RVA! This was our first harvest of the season — learn more about the background on the fig tree in our neighbor's yard in this post.
- What's been cooking around here? Well, with all the figs on hand, Tim whipped up these mini fig pizzas with gorgonzola, prosciutto, honey and thyme and we've got another batch of homemade fig jam on the stovetop today.
- Grey ombre manicure.
- Adorable harem pants for kids.
- We're excited to be partaking in this year's Anthem Moonlight Ride here in RVA. We'll be taking in the sights and sounds of Richmond by bike under the full moon tonight with 3,500 other riders decked out in crazy lights and costumes. We don't have any crazy lights or costumes planned, but are pumped to just see what it's all about since it'll be our first ride!
We're headed back down to the farm again today to keep working on updating the airstream — it's been a few weekends since we've been able to make it out there so we're looking forward to sharing our progress early next week. Hope you have a great weekend!
Labels: Fancy That