1. We'd been looking forward to checking out the Richmond Food Cart Derby so we headed on down to the 17th Street Farmer's Market where everything was happening. There was everything from ice cream to tacos to local produce to choose from and we enjoyed running into several familiar faces. We're hoping the Food Cart Derby becomes a regular fixture here in RVA and are looking forward to heading back again next year.
2. Basil vs. The Fountain. We found ourselves at Stonypoint Fashion Park after the RVA Food Cart Derby, a local outdoor mall that allows dogs to walk around both in and outside the stores (love that!). During the warmer seasons they turn on the fountain in one of the common areas and it's a destination for parents to bring their small children — well Basil trotted on over to the fountain where all the kids were laughing and playing before realizing it was spraying water everywhere and then backed away like a scared little puppy.
It was pretty funny.
3. Speaking of Basil, these two are like two peas in a pod:
...and all this little gal wanted to do was join in on the fun:
4. This here lucky gal got some peonies from Tim — fresh flowers make such a beautiful and seasonal update anywhere you place them it seems.
Definitely something to brighten things up and bring a smile to my face.
5. Can I just say that this happened?
OK, I know I rave about Tim's cooking, but this time he outdid himself. The best part is, those sage butter carrots came from our own container garden! More on the carrots today on E.A.T. and more on the entire spread later this week on E.A.T..
6. Last but not least, in the event you missed it, Tim's giving away a handcrafted EAT sign from Slippin' Southern similar to the one we have in our kitchen.
Get all the details and enter here.