Friday, August 12, 2011
8 Things We Loved This Week
1. Enjoy eating? Thank a Beekeeper. We learned about a new documentary we can't wait to watch called Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us? from this Etsy blog article. Already saved in the Netflix queue unless we can help conjure up a screening locally sooner. Pretty much anything Michael Pollan is contributing to, we're interested in learning more.
2. This antique Matador KBS bread/meat slicer I stumbled across on Etsy. Remember Kramer and his meat slicer?
3. Kinfolk Magazine.
4. Cavalier Essentials, via Simplesong. Classic, re-imagined, all around manly man concept.
5. Linus Bikes: The Market Bag. Via Swissmiss.
6. Falcon Enamelware. Not only do we love the classic design of this durable British brand, but the photos of these vessels in use on the Falcon Enamelware site are just great to look at.
7. Let's stick together. Loving this behind the scenes look into the studio and making of these twig shaped sticks of chalk Shauna and Stephen of Something's Hiding in Here conjured up for BHLDN.
8. Loving the idea of homemade fruit roll ups - definitely want to try making these as shopping in aisle 3 is not an option for something like this.
Here's hoping your weekend is full; we'll leave you with a short film from a 3 part series I found over at Elwood Thompson's.
EAT from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.
P.S. There is still time to enter our Food Inc. Movie giveaway ending this Sunday. Find details right here and good luck! Also, I loved finding my weekend's simple tomato sauce sauce recipe featured on Ellwood Thompson's, how about that!?