Posted by Tim Vidra / December 30, 2015
What We Found Under the Tree: Our 2015 Gift Roundup
As the holiday season comes to an official close, we wanted to share a quick roundup of the cheer we found waiting under the tree this year (thanks Santa!). As you can gather, we tend to go for simple, useful and a little bit fun — all things we're looking forward to putting to good use in the new year!
2. For every spirited fisherman, a fish flask (how does Mary, ahem Mrs. Claus, find these things?). Not pictured, the mini bottle of Black Label paired to fill this new little friend.
3. 2016 Farmers' Almanac — while not always true to origin, it's a classic resource I always look forward to opening for the year ahead, not to mention an early source of motivation for getting back in the garden this spring.
4. In keeping with tradition, it wouldn't be a proper stocking without a bar or two of Swedish Dream sea salt soap. If you have never tried this soap, you should!
5. Topping my wish-list this year was a set of basic non-stick skillets for everyday use. This pair was a welcome surprise and has already been the source of many post-holiday breakfasts :)
6. I guess you could call this the nautical themed year! Not only did we love the bright orange color of this Anchors Aweigh collar for added visibility, but can't wait to take Basil to the river in his very own maritime duds.
7. We couldn't resist the "smiles" that would inevitably ensue when gifting this lip-shaped dog toy to our favorite four-legged family member.
8. Taking a cue from our very own 2015 holiday gift guide, the littlest of these pressed glass frames is one of Mary's new favorite pieces of decor.
9. A new cosmetic pouch from Mary's list — ho ho ho...
10. Mary's very own pair of LL Bean duck boots, for all the muddy adventures we have waiting ahead. It's true — they take about 3 months to get once ordered (Mr. Claus had to think ahead this year).
11. To pair with the duck boots, a set of Nordic cabin socks — these things come aloe-infused (you read that right) to keep toes both toasty warm and smooth.
12. As pictured in yesterday's holiday recap, we're loving the suite of hand lettered calligraphy tags we had custom made for the stockings this year.
Added highlights include the set of luggage racks we've been wanting for the car, wooden kitchen tools from our trip to Italy in the autumn and a pair of day passes to a bath house spa for our upcoming trip to Hungary this summer. Oh, and our yearly tradition of two New Year's Eve raffle tickets (<------ perhaps this is our year?).