Posted by Tim Vidra / February 8, 2015
Original image by Tori Watson
Today we're back again, sharing all the smaller things we're into (or fancying, hence the series name) that might not fit into a single post for one reason or another. Sometimes there might be a long list of randomness, other times it might be a single gem — whatever the case, here's what we're into right now.
- Instagram to follow: For beautifully detailed shots of plants and succulent propagation, Needles & Leaves is one to keep up with.
- Big a** yarn — Giant Knits.
- Have you gotten a chance to see the new collections from IKEA launched this month?
- Amazing dog topiaries from the Garden & Gun Jubilee (5th photo into the slideshow).
- Staying in on Valentine's Day? I've rounded up some of my favorite date-night recipe ideas for cooking dinner at home over on E.A.T. to help you win this Saturday.
- Speaking of dinners, Mary's kept up with her Wednesday dinners (a 2015 goal) — lately we've had these twice baked potatoes, this creamy spinach and chicken thighs, this quinoa casserole and my personal favorite — this recipe for slow cooker short ribs over this creamy polenta.
- The nose always knows.
- Weekend project idea: DIY leather bar tags.
- If we ever make to the UK, this place is on the bucket list.
- Worth Watching: Maker profile on Nick Olsen and Lilah Horwitz — a young couple who built a house of windows in West Virginia. How fun would it be to stay in this spot for a weekend getaway?
- Last but not least, there's still time to enter for a chance to win this RVA To Go box filled with local Richmond goods — learn more and enter here.
This weekend is beautiful in Richmond — we've finally had a slight weather break, so we took the excuse to get out and do a little antiquing and flea marketing yesterday. Today we're still enjoying the sunshine and knocking out a few projects for the week ahead. Can I hear it for chocolate covered strawberries anyone?