Original image by Tori Watson, Marvelous Things Photography
Happy November! Did you have a good Halloween? We hung out on the front stoop with Basil, our lone jack-o-lantern and a couple glasses of wine and scotch while passing out candy to all the trick-or-treaters.
Today we're back again, sharing all the smaller things we're into (or fancying, hence the series name) that might not fit into a single post for one reason or another. Sometimes there might be a long list of randomness, other times it might be a single gem — whatever the case, here's what we're into right now.
- Instagram to follow: Local candlemakers, Square Trade Goods Co.
- What's been cooking around here? Butternut squash & sage soup, chicken marsala and late fall pesto pasta.
- Oh, and make your own lox!
- While we're a day past Halloween, we thought these "pumpkin pegs" were a cute, not mention easy, way to create jack-o-lanterns. We'll have to save this idea in our back pocket for future years.
- 20 Gorgeous Marble Kitchens.
- Interesting read on "food linguistics" and how they relates to fast food companies.
- Pretty trinket boxes.
- Richmond is making food news — Church Hill is one of the Zagat rated top 10 neighborhoods in the country. We kinda got married in that neighborhood, so this news is particularly cool to us!
- Finally, Grilled Mac n' Cheese. I think my head just exploded.
We're headed back up to NYC for the week ahead and Peter Pan Donut & Pastry Shop is on the bucket list agenda for tomorrow. I'd also still love to take a ride on the East River Ferry. Looks like it's gonna be a chilly week — hope you're having a great weekend!