Posted by Mary Andrews / October 10, 2014
Original image by Tori Watson, Marvelous Things Photography
Today we're back again, sharing all the smaller things we're into (or fancying, hence the series name) that might not fit into a single post for one reason or another. Sometimes there might be a long list of randomness, other times it might be a single gem — whatever the case, here's what we're into right now.
- Instagram to follow: Manready Mercantile
- What's been cooking around here? Spiced spaghetti squash stir-fry!
- We both loved this 5 minute peek inside the process behind Rappahannock Oyster Co, learning how they've worked to restore the oyster population in the Bay.
- Back in January we were blown away by the Floyd Leg concept. Well, they've done it again — behold, the newly released Floyd Shelf.
- Love what this shop is doing with reclaimed wood.
- So, we decided to start ripping down another wall, but this time it's to uncover the gems that hide behind it — preview here.
- When my sister and I were little, my grandmother used to say this little rhyme every time we saw her and I can still hear it now. This apron set was such a fun reminder of those times and would make a cute gift idea for mothers/daughters/grandmothers/grandkids.
- I'm a closet nail art fan. While I habitually go for a solid shade of neutral, pink or gray polish when it comes to my own nails (sometimes bright red when I'm feeling fancy), I can't help but sit in awe of all the amazing nail art designs I see — this is the one that knocked my socks off this week.
- How cute are these Halloween cookies? We just might have to try making some version of these with my niece when she comes to visit week after next.
- Finally, for those of you running small or independent businesses, I wrote up this year's Etsy 2014 holiday merchandising guide with tips to keep in mind while planning ahead for the busy season. Bonus — 10 Trends on the Etsy Radar this holiday season.
Hope you've been enjoying the weekend!
Labels: Fancy That