***Update: This giveaway has ended, find the lucky winner at the bottom of the post. Stay tuned for future giveaways right here at 17 Apart! ***
Today we are thrilled to flip through, talk about and give away 2 copies of Ana White's newly published book, The Handbuilt Home.
For those unfamiliar, Ana White is a crazy popular blogger in the DIY field who taught herself how to build furniture and home essentials of all sorts — she lives with her husband and daughter in Alaska, where they literally built their own home together. She also refers to her husband as The Ram, standing for "Real Alaska Man," which makes us like her even more. Ana blogs about and offers all sorts of free building plans on her site for others to use and make renditions of their own — and she's currently in the midst of launching her book, The Handbuilt Home.
When we were asked if we'd like to review and give away copies of the book here on the blog, we were more than a little excited, given how much we already admire Ana and her blog.
The Handbuilt Home is filled with simple building projects for all areas of the home and was written for DIYer's of all skill levels — which is great, since we wouldn't really consider ourselves woodworkers in the first place by any means.
The photo layouts alone make the book feel like a magazine or catalog that you could just flip through for inspiration — I like the way each of the finished pieces of furniture is photographed in a real setting and personalized by the guest contributor that tackled the project on their own:
Out of the 30+ awesome looking diy projects in the book, 4 stuck out as ideas we might like to tackle ourselves. We both thought this recycling console might look really nice in our kitchen right in front of our island (maybe we're just suckers for anything with vintage locker baskets in it):
I was a little more drawn to this craft caddy — wouldn't this look great in a dedicated craft room or even out in the garage? If only we were like Candy Spelling and had an entire room in our house dedicated to gift wrapping. Just kidding. Maybe.
I loved this little play kitchen and immediately thought of the nieces and nephew:
We both loved the idea of building our own picture frames — this project seemed like one of the lowest required skill level diy undertakings as far as woodworking goes and felt right up our alley. Who knows, maybe it will be a project that warms us up for bigger ones down the road:
The back of the book has a handy metric conversion chart which I imagine we'll be referencing more than we think. We also loved the long list of contributor bios, where we found many new-to-us DIY and home related bloggers:
And each of these food/gardening related projects:
Food Storage Shelf. 2 Chicken Coop. 3 Box Planters. 4 Raised Garden Beds.
If you couldn't tell, we're excited to have this book in our hands, and even more excited to have the opportunity to give 2 away to you (even though all 3 of them do look quite nice stacked up on our diy stump table, don't you think?)!
We hope you'll enter to win a copy of your own — the book would also make a great holiday or birthday gift idea for the DIYer in your life and can be found on Amazon here.
+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +
The marketing team behind Ana White's new book, The Handbuilt Home, has generously offered 2 extra copies that we'll be giving away to 2 lucky readers! To enter, simply visit Ana White and come back to leave a comment on this post, letting us know which project is your favorite.
Each of the following will earn you an additional entry:
- Any one or combination of the following: "Like" 17 Apart on Facebook, follow 17 Apart on Twitter, follow 17 Apart on Google+ and sign up for our mailing list by clicking the envelope button in our sidebar — then leave 4 separate comments on this post for each letting us know you've done so.
- Follow this blog by clicking the RSS button in our sidebar, then leave a comment letting us know you've done so.
- Share this post by clicking the Facebook Like button at the top of the post and leave a new comment on this post letting us know you've done so.
- Tweet about the giveaway including the following: "@17Apart is giving away 2 copies of @_anawhite's new book, The Handbuilt Home, filled with diy furniture ideas: http://tinyurl.com/bvygthc" along with anything else you'd like to include — then leave a new comment on this post letting us know you've done so.
- Like Ana White on Facebook, then leave a comment letting us know you've done so.
- Follow Ana White on Twitter, then leave a comment letting us know you've done so.
***Update: This giveaway has ended, the lucky winner is commenter #2 and #49. Thanks to all that participated and stay tuned for future giveaways right here at17 Apart! ***