Somebody was very happy to see the kiddos:
They were pretty happy to see him too...
2. We hit up the South of the James farmer's market, as usual:
Don't tell Mary we cheated on her with Mrs. Yoder's Donuts...
Oh, and Agriberry, and Blanchards...
3. We also walked on over to the Strawberry Street Festival here in the fan.
We had a great time walking up and down the street until we were asked to "remove our dog from the premises" — so our time-frame ended pretty quickly on that front, womp womp...
He looks like a real menace to society, no?
4. We hit up Basil's favorite fan dog park, Scuffletown, on the walk back and were amazed at how much the garden plots have really taken shape since our first visit back over the winter.
It's been a lot of fun watching these garden spaces grow and change throughout the different seasons.
5. We also made a quick stop by Tricycle Gardens.... oh the inspiration!
6. Last but not least, it wouldn't be a 17 Apart weekend without a few food spreads! I made my shirred eggs, fritatta (with goat cheese from Sullivan's Pond Farm) among other things for a little Mother's Day brunch here at the homestead where mom and dad came over to join us and spend a little time together:
Here's to a happy and healthy week ahead!
P.S. I'm headed down to Destin, Florida for the better part of the week on a working/vacation — come on fishing!