Posted by Tim Vidra / August 19, 2011
8 Things We Loved This Week
1. Industrial gym lockers re-purposed as functional furniture storage. This and more industrial storage inspiration via French by Design.
2. Cork Grips - awesome blog, awesome dude. While Le Tour de France commenced last month, these stills from the short film, Vive Le Tour, already have me geared up for next year's race. One of these times, Mary and I are gonna stop talking about planning a trip to the french countryside to watch the tour and actually do it.
3. Interview and peek into the living space of photographer Austin Gros. Yes, that is a portrait of his dog decked out in royal garb hanging in the entrance of his home. Via Pennyweight.
4. Going on the must DIY list! Re-purposed french riddling wine rack into a vertical garden. Via re-nest.
5. Vintage enamel sel salt box. Via bellalulu on Etsy.
6. Handcrafted in Canada: Cedar Strip Beehive. Each is one of a kind and made from recycled cedar fencing material. Via Steidlewave on Etsy.
7. I could travel cross-country in one of these little silver bullets. Or maybe camp out for the Tour de France? The nostalgia of airstream trailers reminds Mary of her grandparents' own model - we'd both love to be able to take a walk through it now. Via Design*Sponge.
8. It's true, I believe in good people. Via bliss.
And we'll leave you with another series of beautiful videos to take in over the weekend - this go round from The Anthropologist. I could spend hours on this site browsing the images and watching the videos of this seemingly magical world...